Prosecutors said Samuel Duran, 36, kept the teenage girl who disappeared from her Mar Vista home on March 24 and sexually abused her for weeks during the spring of 2015 at his residence.
Duran who was later arrested and charged with three counts of forcible oral copulation with the victim, pleaded no contest last month.
The prosecutors added that the girl was found by law enforcement on April 13, 2015, three weeks after her disappearance, when she managed to make a phone call that was traced back to his home,
According to the teen’s mother she noticed an unfamiliar number appeared on her cellphone, which police traced to Duran’s home in Culver City.
“The police actually got her,” her mother told KTLA. “They had to go in the house and physically get her.”
“She’s been through a lot and life will never be the same,” her mother said.
On the day of the girl’s disappearance, it was reported that she had gone for a walk near Mar Vista Recreation Center and never came home.
When she was reported missing, police revealed she is diagnosed with autism. Her mother in an email she sent to KTLA at the time stated that the girl has the mental capacity of an 8-year-old and is very trusting.
She also said her daughter did not take her medication or cell phone when she left.
The morning after the girl was found at his home, Duran was booked by Los Angeles police and held on $8 million bail. He pleaded not guilty to multiple charges. At the time, he was charged with six counts of forced oral copulation, three counts of rape and three counts of forced digital penetration, according to a news release from authorities.
The 36-year-old who has already started serving his jail term at the state prison will equally register as a lifetime sex offender.