Kenyan Police Officer ‘Simon Njoroge Njau’ Shot His Lover Dead, Over Rejecting Marriage Proposal

One police officer attached to the Kenyan presidential escort unit identified as Constable. Simon Njoroge Njau, killed his girlfriend Anne Wanjohi, 23,for refusing his marriage proposal.

Simon, is currently battling for his own life in the Kenyatta National Hospital after he tried to commit suicide after shooting his girlfriend to death following her rejection of his marriage proposal.
Simon who is a member of the Presidential Escort Unit in that country, according to the Chronicle, reportedly shot Anne, five times after she turned down his marriage proposal at a cyber cafe where she worked in Nairobi city center.
After making sure Wanjohi was dead, Njau turned the gun on himself in an apparent murder cum suicide bid but survived the gunshot on himself and was rushed to the hospital where he is battling to survive.
The officer, it was gathered, had only known Wanjohi for three months but he was said to be so much in love with her that he had earlier threatened to kill her if she refused to marry him.
Witnesses say that Njau had arrived at the cyber cafe at around 7 pm and insisted on talking to Wanjohi the girlfriend who she was then attending to a client but he was said to have insisted on talking to her.
A co-worker and friend of the deceased narrated how the incident happened:

“He wanted to talk to her about their relationship because she had wanted to break up with him over the past two weeks.
Anne was attending to a client but he insisted on talking to her. She said she was busy and needed to finish with the client.”

Njau was said to have left the cyber cafe but allegedly told Wanjohi that he would be back after a few minutes. However, he was said to keep sending her text messages while he was away and by the time he returned, he found Wanjohi packing her things ready to leave.
He insisted on talking to her but she still refused and that was when he pulled out his gun and shot her in the hand.
The witness said that Njau shot at the deceased several times, he also threatened to shoot the cyber cafe attendants and any other person who tried to intervene.

“I ran away from the scene and when I came back, the shooting had stopped, I found the two on the floor. Anne was dead,” the co-worker said.

Confirming the incident, Nairobi Police boss, Japhet Koome, said that the officer had shot himself three times and he was injured on his left biceps and chest.

“Miraculously he survived after shooting himself three times. He was taken to hospital in critical condition,” said Koome.

Koome said he will be treated and when he is discharged, he will be dismissed and charged to court for the murder.

Photo of Constable. Simon Njoroge Njau & Anne Wanjohi

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *